After nearly 20 years of taking pictures and making photographs, in the summer of 2010 I found a new beginning with the study and practice of Miksang contemplative photography. Having completed the course of study developed by the Miksang Institute along with Teacher Training in 2014 and 2017, I am currently certified to teach Level One on behalf of the Institute.
I would like to thank the people who have had, and are having, a profound influence on this voyage of discovery through photography:
- Miksang teachers Michael Wood and Julie DuBose
- Roland Vögtli, who pointed me toward Miksang
- Freeman Patterson and André Gallant, who re-ignited my passion for photography after a long hiatus—and made me feel comfortable with my little bridge camera and six ounce tripod in a workshop of serious DSLR users!
- Craig Tanner, Marti Jeffers, and The Mindful Eye Community, who kept that passion alive and growing
- My mother and sisters, who are each artists in their own right; my father, who is deeply moved by art
- And most of all my husband, for his unconditional support all along the way.
With heartfelt gratitude.