After nearly 20 years of taking pictures and making photographs, in the summer of 2010 I found a new beginning with the study and practice of Miksang contemplative photography. Having completed the course of study developed by the Miksang Institute, and attending the Teacher Training workshop in June of 2014, I am currently certified to teach “Opening the Good Eye” on behalf of the Institute.
I would like to thank the people who have had, and are having, a profound influence on this voyage of discovery through photography:
- Miksang teachers Michael Wood and Julie DuBose
- Roland Vögtli
- Freeman Patterson
- André Gallant
- Mark Johnson
- Craig Tanner and The Mindful Eye Community
- Marti Jeffers
- Members of Flickr, where there are some amazing photographers who take time to follow, thoughtfully comment, and nourish the work of others
- My mother and sisters, who are each artists in their own right; my father, who is deeply moved by art
- And most of all my husband, for his unconditional support all along the way.
With heartfelt gratitude.